Congratulations to our 2022 Wonder Women Award Winners!
It’s a privilege and an honor to celebrate these remarkable leaders for their outstanding achievements and contributions in toys, licensing and entertainment. They continue to inspire us all!
The WiT Wonder Women Awards honors top female executives, thought leaders, entrepreneurs and other changemakers for their extraordinary accomplishments and impact within the toy, licensing and the entertainment industries. Held annually in New York City, this annual gala celebration coincides with Toy Fair New York.
SAVE THE DATE!
2023 WONDER WOMEN AWARDS
Sunday, October 1, 2023 | @Pier 60, Chelsea Piers, New York City
DESIGNER / INVENTOR
LICENSEE / MANUFACTURER
LICENSOR / ENTERTAINMENT
MARKETING / PUBLIC RELATIONS
The Toy Coach
RISING STAR / DEAL MAKER
Universal Brand Development
RISING STAR / DESIGNER INVENTOR
Dr. Lisa Williams
The World of EPI
RISING STAR - LICENSOR/ENTERTAINMENT
RISING STAR - MARKETING/PR
Green Kid Crafts
RISING STAR - SOCIAL GOOD
RISING STAR - STORYTELLER
The Lego Group
RISING STAR - UNSUNG HERO
Alaya High / That Girl Lay Lay
Our 2022 Retailer of the Year honoree is Amazon, for the positive impact Amazon has had on our industry and everyone’s lives. Not only have they kept the world connected with safe, crucial deliveries of toys and goods for its massive customer base during this unprecedented time, but their myriad strategic programs—including Amazon Smile, which offers customers a way to support their favorite charitable organization, at no additional cost, when they shop Smile.Amazon.com; Amazon Small Business Academy; and Amazon Black Business Accelerators—have empowered entrepreneurs, businesses, and organizations with tangible resources, which have been a lifeline to countless companies and individuals.
Our 2022 Icon Award honoree is the incredible force, JoJo Siwa. She is not only a powerhouse Nickelodeon star, pop star, social media sensation, author and consumer products global brand, JoJo is an activist, role model, and overall trailblazer in every way. She now also adds powerhouse LGBTQ+ icon for kids and adults of all ages who she has inspired throughout her journey and meteoric career.
We honor Steven Wolfe Pereira with our 2022 Changemaker Award for his purpose-driven and transformative leadership in diversity and inclusion. Through his intentional actions using both his personal social influence, and the work he leads at Encantos, the public benefit corporation he co-founded, he is a visionary business leader committed to allyship, advocacy and activism to create opportunities for under-served communities, and to break down unconscious bias and inequities related to race and inclusion.
2022 AWARD CATEGORIES
2023 Nominations will open in February, 2023
- Anyone may submit a nominee for a Wonder Woman Award.
- Self-nominations are welcome. You can (and should!) submit yourself for consideration.
- For companies nominating employees, please limit your nominations to one nominee per category.
Submission fees TBD, and are non-refundable.
On the nomination form, tell us why your candidate is deserving of a nomination, and include a bullet list of 3-5 major accomplishments. (Total 300 words or less)
Follow these helpful hints:
- Edit your submission carefully, as the content you provide will be published for voters to review.
- Focus on your nominee’s achievements and accomplishments instead of your personal relationship with her.
- Use a bullet-list when describing your nominee's accomplishments. This makes it easy for voters to read.
- Review the Voting Criteria on this page and try to address one or more of the questions shown, which will be considered when deciding the final slate of nominees.
- Provide any additional information we should know about your nominee. Files or links to articles, websites, etc. may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
VOTING CRITERIA & PROCESS
The voting criteria is as follows, and will be reviewed by the WIT Nominations Committee:
Have the nominee’s achievements or leadership accomplishments:
- Positively impacted her company, peers, or industry?
- Contributed to the growth or improvement of her company or the toy, licensing or entertainment industries?
- Served as a role model for other individuals or companies in the industry?
All Nominee submissions will be reviewed by the Wonder Women Committee and WiT staff to ensure eligibility is met. A Nominee may be moved to a different category than originally nominated.
All Nominees will be contacted and have the opportunity to accept or decline their nomination prior to the official Final Slate announcement.
Voting for the winners will be conducted by the entire WiT community, including all active WiT members, Chapter Chairs, and WiT Board of Directors.
Wonder Woman Awards
PAST AWARD WINNERS
WONDER WOMAN AWARDS FAQ
What is the format of the WiT Wonder Women Awards?
The cocktail reception begins at 6:00 PM; the seated dinner and Awards program begins at 7:30 pm.
What is the suggested attire for the WiT Wonder Women Awards?
Evening or cocktail attire is the norm. Or come straight from Toy Fair in professional business attire.
Is there assigned seating at the event?
Yes. We will try our best to seat you with everyone in your party. Please include any seating requests in the notes section of your ticket purchase and we will try to accommodate. Assigned seating is only guaranteed for full table purchases.
Does the Wonder Women Awards sell out?
Yes, this event has sold out in the past and may sell out again so purchase your tickets today!
Are tickets refundable?
No, all ticket purchases are non-refundable.
I’m a journalist who wants to cover the WiT Wonder Women Awards on Sunday, February 20. Are there tickets for the media?
For press-related inquiries, please email email@example.com.
Directions to Pier Sixty at Chelsea Piers in New York City
Pier Sixty is housed within the Chelsea Piers Sports and Entertainment Complex, located at 23rd Street and the Hudson River. Vehicles may enter the complex from the West Side Highway between 22nd and 23rd Streets in Manhattan.
WONDER WOMAN AWARDS COVID SAFETY
In order to attend the event, all guests must be fully vaccinated and provide proof-of-vaccination status to enter the event. Proof of vaccination will be accepted in any of the following ways:
- Physical or digital CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card plus Photo ID
- New York City COVID Safe Pass smartphone app plus Photo ID
- New York State Excelsior Pass plus Photo ID
- An official immunization record from the jurisdiction, state or country where the vaccine was administered plus Photo ID