Copywriter Paid Intern
Job Categories: Marketing
Salary: Prefer not to share
Application Deadline: 05/03/2020
VTech is the global leader in electronic learning products from infancy through toddler and preschool. Since its establishment in 1976, VTech has been the pioneer in the electronic learning toy category.
Our mission is to design, manufacture and supply innovative and high-quality products in a manner that minimizes any impact on the environment, while creating sustainable value for our stakeholders and the community.
Our culture comes largely from the great group of employees we have at VTech. They’re friendly, yet professional. We embrace and value all of our employees and strive to foster a positive, collaborative work environment.
VTech believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties; qualification and job scope, but not limit the incumbent or the organization to only the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
The Copywriter Intern will support the Marketing department in writing compelling copy that suits the channel and brand/sub-brand voice. This role will collaborate with writers and designers to deliver creative assets that meet the objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) of each project as identified by key stakeholders. The Copywriter Intern should have some basic understanding of writing for digital environments, search engine optimization and user experience. The Copywriter Intern should bring a fresh perspective to creative ideation and be eager to participate in brainstorming sessions and feedback discussions to elevate creative work to drive overall KPIs.
RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
Responsibilities include the development and execution of marketing assets for the VTech Toys and LeapFrog brands in the North American market.
- Own and be responsible for at least one project from start to finish, presenting the results/recap to Senior Leadership at the end of the internship.
- Receive and incorporate feedback to deliver on business objectives.
- Develop Marketing Asset Sheet copy as assigned by the Senior Copywriter, collaborating with Product Development for clarity as needed.
- Deliver copy for web pages that incorporates SEO best practices based on Google AdWords data, linking recommendations and keyword incorporation.
- Research competitive activity to inform best practices and successful approaches to content development.
- Edit or proofread copy as requested.
- Participate in product name generation brainstorming sessions and support follow-up needs with additional ideation and research.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous, collaborative and professional manner.
- Exercise sound business judgment.
- Conform and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Conform with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Demonstrated ability to create timely, high-quality copy.
- Attention to detail and command of grammar rules, in particular AP Style requirements.
- Ability to deliver under tight timelines.
- Ability to creatively resolve issues.
- Willingness to learn, try, refine and try again.
- Sense of curiosity, and desire to ask questions and “think outside the box.”
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, demonstrating a positive, can-do attitude and flexibility with changing schedules, scopes and priorities.
- Developing ability to translate technical information into interesting and compelling marketing messages.
- Developing ability to integrate consistent brand voice and personality into all communications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- At least three years of college working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Marketing or a related field.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Mental activities required by this job include constant decision making, discretion, problem analysis and resolution, independent judgment and independent action. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must read, speak, write and understand the English language. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and use their hands to handle and grasp, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds [50 pounds if travel]. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus with or without the use of prescription eyeglasses.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time internship position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday. Core hours will be set between employee and manager and will be based on business needs. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected 0% of the time.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The responsibilities and expectations outlined in this position description are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, with or without notice.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.