PITCH • LEARN • GROW YOUR BUSINESS
Power up! Join us Monday, September 19, 2022, at Dallas Market Center, to pitch your product or concept and be mentored by top toy industry experts. Learn from the best in the business and get invaluable education, support, and guidance from those who can help you take your product or business to the next level.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You must be a WiT member to participate: Join here ($175 1-year membership)
- You must purchase a Toy Association Preview & Holiday Market badge to participate. More information will be sent to you upon receipt of your Empowerment Day registration form.
- Registering for Empowerment Day does not guarantee a pitch session with any toy company or Walmart buyers. We will do our best to accommodate all registrants.
- Pitch sessions will be scheduled on a first-come basis.
- Code of Conduct: All participants are expected to behave professionally. Obscene language, abusive or threatening behavior directed to any other attendee, speaker, volunteer, staff or building personnel is not conducive to a learning environment and will not be tolerated.
- Photo Policy: We will have a photographer onsite who will be capturing images during the event. Only photos of individuals or groups of individuals will be taken, and we will not take or share photos of any product(s).
- Cancellations: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you are unable to attend Empowerment Day, so that we can reassign your pitch session time slot to waitlisted registrants.
- Program/Schedule Changes: For reasons beyond our control, it may be necessary to change program content, speakers and or pitch time slots. WiT is not liable for any changes.
- Special Dietary Requests or Food Allergies: Individuals with food allergies or special dietary needs should note their request during the registration process, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to accommodate dietary needs. Requests made at the event may not be available.
- Travel/Hotel: You are responsible for your own travel/hotel expenses.
When and where is WIT Empowerment Day?
Date & Time:
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2022
7:45 AM – 5:00 PM – Empowerment Day
5:30 PM – 7:30 PM – Cocktails & Connections Networking Event
Place: Dallas Market Center, 2100 N Stemmons Fwy, Dallas
Who can attend and what is the cost to participate in Empowerment Day?
- Empowerment Day is FREE for WiT members. Light breakfast and lunch will be provided.*
- You are responsible for your own travel/hotel expenses.
- Cocktails & Connections After-Party – Detals coming soon!
* THANK YOU to all of our presenters and mentors, who volunteer their time and expertise for this event.
Can I bring a friend or business partner to participate in Empowerment Day, and does she/he have to be a WIT member?
If you plan to bring along a colleague or business partner, you must both be current WiT members and registered for Empowerment Day to participate. Anyone who is not a current member at registration check-in will not be allowed entrance to this event.
Where are my hotel choices? Is there free hotel shuttle bus service to Dallas Market Center?
Information coming soon! Discounted hotel rates will be available through The Toy Association’s travel partner. Most hotels offer free shuttle service to Dallas Market Center.
How do I register for my Preview & Holiday Market badge?
Instructions to register for your badge will be sent to you upon receipt of your Empowerment Day Application.
What toy companies can I pitch my product to, and can I pitch more than one company?
Once we review your registation form, the WiT Empowerment Day Committee will schedule you for pitch sessions with companies that are best suited to reviewing your concept. Sessions will be scheduled on a first-come basis, and you will be notified well in advance of Empowerment Day.
Does Empowerment Day give me the opportunity to license my concept to a toy company?
Yes. You will have the opportunity to pitch toy companies for possible licensing deals. You will receive valuable guidance and information on licensing a product or concept.
What is the process to pitch Walmart? How do I sign up?
To qualify for a Walmart buyer pitch, your company must be led by women or women-owned. To request a Walmart buyer pitch, you must complete the Walmart Application portion of the registration form.
How long are product pitch sessions?
Sessions are 15 minutes, start to finish. Your presentation should be no more than 3-5 minutes, leaving the balance of your session time for feedback and discussion. Plan to arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled session to preset your presentation. Please be on time to avoid losing your scheduled time slot.
Are the pitch sessions private?
Yes. Private pitch pods contain a table and several chairs. Electricity is not provided.
What should I bring to the pitch presentation?
Come prepared with your product, prototype, concept drawings, video, PowerPoint presentation, handouts, etc. Electricity is not provided in the pitch pods, so be sure your devices are fully charged.
Walmart really liked my idea last year, but they never contacted me after the event. Can I pitch the same item again?
Will I receive a contact list of Walmart buyers, toy companies, industry experts and speakers?
No, however, you will have the opportunity to network with all of our speakers and experts and exchange contact information at the event.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.