Women in Toys, Licensing & Entertainment
Elects Nine Member to Board of Directors
NEW YORK, May 18, 2022 – Women in Toys, Licensing & Entertainment (WiT), a global nonprofit organization and the industry’s preeminent voice for the advancement of women, today announced the election of nine members to its Board of Directors.
LEFT TO RIGHT: Anne Carrihill, Tara Deakin, Julie Gwaltney, Karen Kilpatrick, Leila Nosrati, Christina Sklavenitis, Natasha Tous, Lisa Whitaker and Kiara Imani.
“We warmly welcome these nine brilliant women, whose collective and diverse expertise and insights will bring critical leadership, knowledge and skills to our board,” said Janice Ross, WiT President. “I look forward to their contributions as we work together to continue making a powerful impact both in our community and our industry.”
Each of these individuals brings with them a unique perspective and the same unyielding drive to deliver on the WiT mission of advancing women through leadership, opportunity, and education.
- Anne Carrihill, Director/GM Category Leader Toys & Games, Amazon
- Tara Deakin, EVP and Chief People Officer, Spin Master
- Julie Gwaltney, Senior Director, TOMY International
- Karen Kilpatrick (re-elected), President, Kayppin Media
- Leila Nosrati, Licensing and Retail Development Consultant, Master Toy Advisors
- Christina Sklavenitis, Founder, Christina Sklavenitis Consulting
- Natasha Tous, Senior Director, Brand & Product Marketing, Vtech Electronics North America
- Lisa Whitaker, Co-CEO, Kidfinity, Inc.
- Kiara Imani, Founder, LikeU
WiT President Janice Ross added, “On behalf of the board, I want to express my deepest gratitude to those who have concluded their service as valued board members—Bernadette Boyle, Genna Rosenberg, Jessica Gavin, Laurie Schacht, Lourdes Arocho, Mellany Masterson, and Michele Martell.”
ABOUT WOMEN IN TOYS, LICENSING & ENTERTAINMENT
Founded in 1991, Women in Toys, Licensing & Entertainment (WIT) / The WIT Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to advance women through leadership, networking and educational opportunities. WIT serves and supports women at all stages of their careers, from entrepreneurs and startups to seasoned industry veterans. The WIT Foundation grants scholarships to deserving students enrolled in industry-related undergraduate programs. WIT has 25 chapters throughout the U.S., Canada, Hong Kong, France, the UK and Australia, with liaisons in Finland, Germany, India and Lebanon.